Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 07:19:53 -1000
From: "Daniel Eum" <address@hidden>
To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: 20060103: Building ldm-6.4.4 under HP-UX 11.23 using gcc]

Original message from Jayne Hirakawa. She said that she had problems sending the e-mail.

Daniel Eum
(808) 973-5278
[snip]

Attached files requested. I will be out the office tomorrow. My co-worker Daniel will be able to work with you.

Thank you,
jayne   s
[snip]

/usr/local/lib/gcc/ia64-hp-hpux11.23/3.4.3/include/wchar.h:134: error: parse eror before
"va_list"
[snip]

One of the offending lines appears to be

      extern int vfwprintf (FILE *, const wchar_t *, va_list);

in the file
"/usr/local/lib/gcc/ia64-hp-hpux11.23/3.4.3/include/wchar.h".  This
shouldn't happen and implies that the gcc(1) header-files are
incorrect, somehow (header-files are required to have definitions for
any symbols that they use).

You could install a new gcc(1) and retry with it.  Alternatively, you
could modify the source-code to explicitly include the header-file with
the missing definition by adding the line

   #include <stdarg.h>

to the top of "src/rpc/auth_none.c".

If you modify the source, then you might have to similarly modify other
source-code files in order to build the package.

Please keep me apprised.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson