20051102: LDM will it run on a 64 bit REL4 Linux OS

>From: Harold K Lingle <address@hidden>

Hi Keith,

re:
>Question--  Will LDM run on a 64 bit REL4 Linux OS?

We do not run RedHat Enterprise 4 Linux here at the UPC, so I
can not answer your question directly.

I can say, however, that we run LDM-6.3.0 on 3 Sun V20Z (dual Opteron)
machines that run Fedora Core 3 64 bit. These machines are the data
server backends of the IDD toplevel relay cluster, idd.unidata.ucar.edu.
We also run LDM-6.4.2 on a dual Xeon EM64T machine running Fedora Core
4 64 bit Linux.  We have experienced no problems on any of these systems,
but, then again, none of these machines are performing any data
decoding duties.

>Keith Lingle
>Duke Energy
>Senior Application Developer