Re: Excessive memory usage in LDM 6.4.1

Michael,

>Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:16:24 -0400
>From: Michael W Dross <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: Excessive memory usage in LDM 6.4.1

> There was no core file I could find.  I don't mind recompiling it, just let
> me know. I suspect since this is such older version of Red Hat (Mandrake)
> that this is the problem. But in
> any event whether the 'top' program is correct the LDM did die.

Try this:

    1.  Go into the "src/" directory.

    2.  Execute the command "make distclean".

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable CFLAGS contains the string
        "-g".

    4.  Execute the configure(1) script.

    5.  Execute the command "make".

    6.  Execute the command "ldmadmin stop".

    7.  Execute the command "make install".

    8.  Become root and execute the command "make install_setuids".

    9.  Ensure that core dumps are allowed by executing the command
        "ulimit -c"

    10. Execute the command "ldmadmin start".

    11. Wait for an upstream or downstream LDM to start up.

    12. Test for core dumps by sending a SIGABRT to the upstream or
        downstream LDM of #11.  This should cause the entire LDM system
        to stop and a core file should have been created in the LDM
        user's home directory.

    13. Remove the core file.

    14. Execute the command "ldmadmin clean".

    15. Execute the command "ldmadmin start".

    16. Wait until the LDM crashes then use gdb(1) to analyse the
        core file and send me a stack trace.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson