Re: LDM - ldm process becomes defunct on server

Sarah,

>Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:48:08 -0600
>From: Sarah Thompson <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>,
>To: Robert C Lipschutz <address@hidden>,
>To: Chris Macdermaid <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: LDM - ldm process becomes defunct on server

> hmmmm...the one enterprise 4 that is working is running dual xeon
> processors, but running a 64 bit kernel.   my 750's (that are hanging)
> have pentium 4's....however, when i google the problem i do see many
> instances of the futex hang in 2.6 kernel.
> i guess i'll go back to enterprise 3 and a 2.4 kernel and see if that
> solves my problem.   at this point, is that your suggestion?  thanks, sarah

Well... I hate to advise you to downgrade your operating-system --
especially because the problem might be fixed in the 2.6.13 kernel.  On
the other hand, The LDM works OK on our Linux systems with 2.4 kernels.

It's your call.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson