Re: LDM - ldm process becomes defunct on server

Sarah,

>Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:26:59 -0600
>From: Sarah Thompson <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: LDM - ldm process becomes defunct on server

> is it worth you packing up a 6.4.1 version you have and i try that?
> you'd think i'd get an error if i was compiling wrong, or it would die
> right away, but hey, i'll accept responsibility if it means we can fix
> it.

I think it's unlikely that the problem is with the build because, as
you've said, it's very unlikely that the build would succeed if a
problem occurred.

i've attached an upstream log so you can see the errors.

I didn't see any messages from upstream LDM-s in the logfile: all the
messages were from downstream LDM-s or the top-level LDM server.

Can you explain that?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson