Re: ldm upgrade...acting odd

Gabe,

>Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:20:17 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Gabe Langbauer <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: ldm upgrade...acting odd

> Sorry, I went out of town for a long weekend, just getting spun back
> up...problem still seems to persist, but I haven't had a lot of time to
> look into it since our last communication.  Any thoughts on where to look
> for a version specific link to the conf files?

The root-cause of your problem is that the value of the environment
variable LDMHOME was "/usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.1.0" when version 6.3.0 of
the LDM package was built:

    $ grep LDMHOME ~ldm/src/config.status
    s,@LDMHOME@,/usr/local/ldm/ldm-6.1.0,;t t

This is causing the 6.3.0 LDM system to use the wrong directory as the
root-directory of the LDM system.

The solution is to rebuild the LDM 6.3.0 packge with LDMHOME either
unset or set to "/usr/local/ldm".  For example:

    $ su - ldm
    $ cd src
    $ make distclean
    $ LDMHOME=~ ./configure &>configure.log