Re: ldm upgrade...acting odd

Gabe,

>Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:19:21 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Gabe Langbauer <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: ldm upgrade...acting odd

> I know that the old pqact is being used because (the most obvious thing)
> the continued creation of data in the data/EXP with the suffix _old  This
> call was created as a test to try to figure out which pqact was running.

That would work IF the old and new pqact(1) utilities used different
configuration-files.  By default, they both use the non-version-specific
configuration-file $HOME/etc/pqact.conf.  In the LDM configuration-file
that was being used by the version 6.1.0 LDM, did the pqact(1) EXEC
entry explicitly specify a pqact(1) configuration file?

If not, then you might be confusing an "etc/" subdirectory in a
version-specific subdirectory with the version-independent one in the
LDM user's home directory.  Version-specific subdirectories should not
contain "etc/" subdirectories (but did in your case).

Regards,
Steve Emmerson