20050524: LDM queue

Angel,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "Angel Corona" <address@hidden>
> Subject: LDM queue

> We have multiple LDMs running here in the Alaska Region of the NWS. We
> are trying to change how we name the data files inserted into the queue.
> One important piece of information I have a question about is how the
> data flows to multiple machines. If I insert a product on machine A that
> only machine B is requesting from, will that file automatically be
> inserted into the queue of machine B for others to pick up?

> EX:   file xyz.1234 inserted into queue on 160.0.3.20
>          160.0.3.21 recieves file xyz.1234 from 160.0.3.20
>           will file xyz.1234 be automatically available from 160.0.3.21
> for any other LDM wanting that file?

You've got it!  The data-product will first be inserted into the
product-queue of system A.  It will then be transmitted by an upstream
LDM on system A to a downstream LDM on system B, which will then
insert the data-product into the product-queue on system B.  Any LDM
systems downstream of system B will be able to obtain that data-product
(providing they've requested it, of course).

> Thanks
> Angel Corona
>
> --------------020504000101060904000700
>
> begin:vcard
> fn:Angel Corona
> n:Corona;Angel
> org:National Weather Service - Alaska Region;Systems Integration Branch
> adr;dom:;;222 W. 7th Ave. #23 Rm. 517;Anchorage;AK;99513-7575
> email;internet:address@hidden
> title:Special Applications Program Manager
> tel;work:(907)271-4428
> tel;fax:(907)271-3711
> tel;cell:(907)229-5614
> x-mozilla-html:FALSE