20050510: LDM data feed question

Celia,

Are you doing any pqact processing on this new machine?
We found previously that your pqact.conf processing on rasp.rap.ucar.edu
was filing every single 100 radial chunk to a separate file, and that
machine was IO bound and unable to keep up. We made some suggestions, but you
did say you backed out of some of them due to your user need- so that
problem we identified may still exist on your end.

If you turned on the feed on your new machine and are processing similar
pqact.conf actions, you are going down the same path. I suggest that you
comment out
your pqact entry in ldmd.conf for your relay test if it is critical that you
relay from this machine for a demo at this moment.

If the new machine is not doing any processing and still falls behind in
relaying data, that would be strange.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport