20050428: LDM and signal 25 (SIGXFSZ)

Hi Karen,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "Karen Cooper" <address@hidden>
> Subject: LDM and signal 25

> I'm still using LDM 6.0.14 so this may have changed by now.   I ran into
> a little problem on my Linux WS3 LDM server when my pqact.log file
> exceeded the max file size of 2G.  My main LDM process got a signal 25
> and everything else got a SIGINT when this happened.  Easily solved and
> probably took a year or more to grow to that size, but I thought I would
> let you know in case anyone else ever has this problem.  Possibly
> pqact.log should be rotated the same way that ldmd.log is from ldmadmin?

Thanks for sending this in.

I think that signal 25 on the system you describe denotes an
excessive file size (SIGXFSZ) -- so it makes sense.

Having the pqact(1) utility have its own logfile must be an NWS
thing: as far as I recall, we don't have any examples of that in
our documentation and the prototype LDM configuration-file in the
distribution doesn't have that.  All of the LDM systems with which I'm
familiar (admitedly, not all that many) mix pqact(1) log entries with
the rest of the LDM log entries.

> address@hidden
> Phone:405-366-0434
> Cell:405-834-8559