20050428: Hello from UNCA and aksing for help (cont.)

>From: "Alex Huang" <address@hidden>

Hi Alex,

>You are kidding me!  You are in Vienna?

Yup, and Vienna is great!

>I hope our tax money is being put into good use, :-))

I assure you that it is ;-)  No, really... I will be giving a talk
about the international data expansion activities we have been involved
in over the past two years.  I am hoping to interest European university
representatives enough to get them to join Unidata.  The same approach
worked well in Brazil and seems to be working in Venezuela and Chile, so...

>It works, thank you for your steps.  We are in business.

Glad to hear that there were no hardware problems associated with your
massive power outage!

>Have a wonderful time in Vienna!!

OK, only if you say so ;-)  From here, we travel to Melk (up the Danube)
then to Spain: Madrid, Vallodolid 25th anniversary of a project I was on),
and finally Toledo.  As of tomorrow night/Saturday morning, the entire
trip is out of my pocket; right now it is only partially out of my pocket.
I have to tell you that Vienna is _very_ nice but awfully expensive.

>From address@hidden  Thu Apr 28 14:39:58 2005

Tom,

What can I say, your trip sounds so unreal, you'd better pinch yourself to
make sure this is not just a dream.

It is amazing to see what the Unidata has done in the past, and what it will
accomplish in the future.  The Unidata has the right stuff (staff).  :-))

Enjoy your trip and spread the good will of the United States!

Alex