20050428: Hello from UNCA and aksing for help

>From: "Alex Huang" <address@hidden>

Hi Alex,

>How are you?

I am doing well, thank you.  By the way, I am answering this from my hotel
room in Vienna, Austria!  You have to love the Internet -- it has made
the world a much smaller place...

>It has been a while since I contacted you, it means we are
>doing just fine.

Very good.  I am glad to hear that you are well.

>Unfortunately, we had a big power surge at UNCA yesterday, every PC
>seems to be fine, but the LDM machine (storm2.atms.unca.edu) stopped at
>Testing LDM queue integrity: while rebooting.  I tried a few times of
>cold boot, but it didn't work.
>
>Can you tell me what I should do?

The fix is easy.  All you have to do is delete and remake the LDM
queue.  Here are the steps you should follow:

<as 'ldm'>

ldmadmin delqueue
ldmadmin mkqueue -f
ldmadmin clean
ldmadmin start

>We only have a few days left in this
>semester, so the timing is not good.  We may replace this old PC with a
>newer one in summer.

You should easily be up and ingesting data within 5 minutes of receiving
this email.

>Thank you so much.

No worries.