20050324: our new noaapxcd box

>From: "Alliss, Randall J." <address@hidden>

Hi Randy,

>our new two machine noaaport ingestor/ldm seems to be working great...Last
>night, however, the machine running ldm and mcidasxcd had a problem that we
>dont
>understand yet and therefore required a reboot today. We notice that the
>ingestor/ldm/mcidasxcd does not automatically restart on bootup as our old
>noaaport box did. Can you tell us how you would make that happen.

The Unidata web site for the LDM has a section that explains how to setup
an automatic start on reboot:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/

  LDM HomePage
  http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/index.html

    LDM 6.3.0

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/ldm-6.3.0/basics/index.html#installation

    Configuring an LDM Installation

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/ldm-6.3.0/basics/configuring.html

    Ensure that the LDM is started at boot-time

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/ldm-6.3.0/basics/configuring.html#boot

I am not sure how you have setup your XCD decoding.  If you setup XCD
processing in the same way that Unidata sites do (through
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf and ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf entries), processing will
start with the LDM.  If you are doing something different, SSEC will
need to respond to that portion of the question.

>thanks,

No worries.