20050318: rtstats and scour

>From: address@hidden (Pepo Juega)

Hi Pepo,

>I notice that scour does not delete subdirectories older than
>the specified Days-old parameter. When applied to rtstats it
>means all older subdirectories below ~ldm/data/rtstats are kept.
>
>The entry for this in scour.conf is:
># Directory             Days-old        Optional-filename-pattern
>~ldm/data/rtstats       2               *

Try removing he '*' from your ~ldm/etc/scour.conf file and running
scour by hand.

>Is there an easy way out? or should I do that by myself?
>$ pwd
>/usr/local/ldm/data/rtstats
>$ ls
>CONDUIT DIFAX  FSL4   GEM    HDS    NGRID  NLDN   UNIWISC
>DDS     FSL3   FSL5   GPSSRC IDS    NIMAGE PPS
>$ ls NIMAGE
>20050310  20050312  20050314  20050316  20050318
>20050311  20050313  20050315  20050317

The other possibility is that the timestamps on the subdirectories are
not really two days old.  Please do a long listing of the
subdirectories to verify that they and their contents are really as old
as you think.

Finally, the long listing will reaffirm who the owner of those
subdirectories is.  If 'ldm' doesn't own them or if the group of the
owner is not the same as the group for 'ldm', you may not have
permission to delete the directories.