20041214: LDM on FreeBSD 5.3 (cont.)

Brendon,

>Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:37:33 -0500
>From: Brendon Hoch <address@hidden>
>To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20041213: LDM on FreeBSD 5.3 (cont.)

> I managed to recruit our local FreeBSD guru, Ted Wisniewski to take a
> shot at compiling, and I think we're running now.  Attached is a tarball
> of modified ldm files.

Interesting changes.  Some of them seem unnecessary (e.g., doesn't
"ptrdiff_t" exist on your system?).  Also, the next release of the LDM
will incorporate it's own RPC package (to work around IBM's RPC
implementation), so many of the changes won't be necessary.

Would it be possible for me to test building the next LDM release on
your system?  It wouldn't interfere with an operational LDM.

> Have a good holiday!
> Brendon
> --
> Brendon Hoch