Re: problems at LDM portugal site

Hi Waldenio,

>Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:34:38 -0200
>From: Waldenio Almeida <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: problems at LDM portugal site

> I am trying to fix the portugal LDM site, at
> avarez university. Just now I am logged there,
> checking the ldm configurations...
>
> I didnt discovered anything VERY wrong yet in
> the configurations (something critical).
>
> Everythink seems work well, but the statistics
> (rtstats) do not appear on unidata site (!)
>
> and when I do a ldmadmin check, I get this
> message:
>
> "split loop at line 68"

I wouldn't trust the "ldmadmin check" command.  It's deprecated.

> Ok. 2 problems...
> And the rtstats statistics are very needed now.

Does the LDM configuration-file (etc/ldmd.conf) have an entry like the
following for starting the rtstats(1) utility?

    EXEC        "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

(This assumes that the computer in Portugal should report to the UPC.)

If yes, then is an rtstats(1) process executing?  Check with a command
like this:

    ps -ef | grep rtstats

Can the computer in Portugal ping(1) the rtstats(1) reporting computer?
Check with this command:

    ping rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu

> Thanks,
> Waldenio.