20040920: Possible pqact issue in LDM?

Steven,

>Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:58:30 -0500
>From: "Steven Danz" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040920: Possible pqact issue in LDM?

> [Talking about 600 seconds delay] Oh, that is understood, but that
> isn't the case.  I'll look in the LDM queue and the product is there,
> so we aren't waiting on NOAAPort at this point.

I wouldn't think you would be.  My point was that maybe you're being
notified too soon of a missing data-product if the 10 minutes starts as
soon as the data-product is sent out for NOAAPort transmission.

The fact that the skipped data-product is bracketed by acted-upon ones
kills that idea, though.

> >Is the clock on the NorthupGrumman NOAAPort system (on which the LDM is
> >running) kept accurate somehow?  Is an ntpd(8) daemon running?  Does
> >root's crontab(1) execute ntpdate(1) periodically?
> >
> I wish I wasn't sure, but given what is going on combined with what I'm
> seeing in the queue and the logs,
> then something is definitely not working as expected.
>
> No reconnections, there are two downstream clients and they are
> connecting once and staying there.
>
> ntpd is running, has been for over a month and the clock matches to the
> second from the downstream clients.
>
> ntpdate is not used anywhere except for the init script when the daemon
> is first started.

That sounds correct, but I'd like to make sure.  Would you be willing
to enable the sending of statistics to us so that we can verify your
clock?  The entry

    EXEC    "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

would have to be enabled in the LDM configuration-file on the NOAAPort
system and the LDM system would have to be restarted.

> I'm running pqact with -v -x to grab more info, maybe it will be of some
> use.
> Yes, there are EXECs in the ldmd.conf to kick off the ingest software.

That's good.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson