Re: missing SPECI reports and the db file entries

hiya,

i did a quick grep of the last 3 days for reports that have ".... SPECI"
as the first part. the only station that came up was:

2004091718_sao.wmo:SBBE SPECI  ...

is this the only station or are there other?  this is not the standard
format of according to the WMO 306  on codes.  unidata has been trying to
deprecate pqsurf processing because it's a fragile piece of code and it
really shouldn't be part of the ldm because it's a decoder. With that
being said, is there some other filter to replace the pqsurf code? thus
eliminating pqsurf.conf and the pqsurf queue. i would like to open a
discussion to find out the available options and the main reasons for
using pqsurf.

thanks,
robb...