20040827: LDM under NAT

Waldenio,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Waldenio Almeida <address@hidden>
> Subject: LDM under NAT

> We are preparing the CPTEC's Stand on Brazilian
> Congress, for next week. We will have a couple
> of LDMs working during the congress.
>
> The initial setup for Internet is thought to be an
> ADSL with a sub-network under it. The CPTEC's support
> personal intend to mount some kind of NAT, and the
> LDM will be inside this sub-network, along with
> other computers.
>
> I am afraid that LDM authentication will refuse
> that setup, and deny connection. Is it Right ?

> The LDM can work in a sub-network where his "real"
> IP isnt is the IP that is seen by upstream LDM ?

An LDM behind a NAT should be able to request data from outside the
NAT if the IP address of the NAT device has an ALLOW entry in the
configuration-file of the outside LDM.

An LDM outside a NAT should be able to request data from an LDM behind a
NAT if the NAT device is configured to forward all connections to port
388 to the LDM host behind the NAT.

Tom should be able to help you with this.

> Many Thanks,
> Waldenio
> CPTEC/INPE

Regards,