20040805: LDM 6.0.14 installation Help (cont.)

>From: mynul khan <address@hidden>

Mynul,

>First of all, thank you very much for your prompt
>reply yesterday.

No worries.

>Today I resumed where I left of
>yesterday. I followed your instructions and seems we
>avoided the problems that we had earlier. But still we
>have more fatal errors in make.log.
>I would very much appreciate if you could help me out
>with this.
>By the way, I work for Earth and Atmospheric Science
>Dept. at St. Cloud State University.

Since you work for St. Cloud State, and since St. Cloud State
is not a major IDD relay node, there is no reason that you
need to build the LDM with large (> 2 GB) queue support.
Give this, I advise that you do the following:

1) undefine all relevant defines in the environment in which
   you are building the LDM (i.e., CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, LIBS,
   etc.)

2) remove the entire ~ldm/ldm-6.0.14 directory tree and start
   a bulid from scratch:

cd ~ldm
zcat ldm-6.0.14.tar.Z | tar xvf -
cd ldm-6.0.14/src
./configure
make
make install
sudo make install_setuids

The only problem you could run into is if your development
environment is non standard.