20040804: LDM 6.0.14 installation Help!!!

>From: mynul khan <address@hidden>

Mynul,

>I am trying to install LDM in our departments
>server,which has the following configurations:
>
>SUNW,Sun-Fire-V250. Memory size: 4096 Megabyte.
>
>When I was trying to run "configure" script, it
>generates errors in config.log file.

'config.log' shows the tests that are made of compilers to see what
things are supported and what are not.  Seeing errors in 'config.log'
is normal.

>Ignoring those
>errors, I went ahead and ran "make" script and
>produced error in make.log file.

I see from your 'make.log' output that the problem is that the rpcsoc
library is not found:

/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -o hupsyslog -xarch=v9 -DNDEBUG  -I../config hupsyslog.c ..
/libldm.a  -lrpcsoc -lsocket
ld: fatal: library -lrpcsoc: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to hupsyslog

I also see that you have set the '-xarch=v9' flag, most likely in the
CFLAGS environment variable.  If you are trying to build an LDM with
largefile support, please be advised that you also need to modify your
'configure' script:

change:

    echo $ac_n "checking RPC and socket references""... $ac_c" 1>&6
echo "configure:1931: checking RPC and socket references" >&5
    case `uname -sr` in
    "SunOS 5"*)
        case "$LIBS" in
        *-lrpcsoc*)
            libs=
            ;;
        *)  libs="-R/usr/ucblib -L/usr/ucblib -lrpcsoc -lnsl"
            ;;
        esac
        case "$LIBS" in
        *-lsocket*)
            ;;
        *)
            libs="${libs:+$libs }-lsocket"
            ;;
        esac
        cat >> confdefs.h <<\EOF

to:

    echo $ac_n "checking RPC and socket references""... $ac_c" 1>&6
echo "configure:1931: checking RPC and socket references" >&5
    case `uname -sr` in
    "SunOS 5"*)
        case "$LIBS" in
        *-lrpcsoc*)
            libs=
            ;;
        *)  libs="-R/usr/ucblib/sparcv9 -L/usr/ucblib/sparcv9 -lrpcsoc -lnsl"
            ;;
        esac
        case "$LIBS" in
        *-lsocket*)
            ;;
        *)
            libs="${libs:+$libs }-lsocket"
            ;;
        esac
        cat >> confdefs.h <<\EOF

Also note, that the code in configure will not set 'libs' if you have
set the LIBS environment variable.  Did you, in fact, set the LIBS
environment variable before your ran 'configure'?  If yes, do the
following:

1) unset the LIBS environment variable

2) set CFLAGS to:                        <- assumes that you want to build
                                            with largefile support

CFLAGS=-O -xarch=v9

3) run 'make distclean'

4) modify configure as indicated above   <- assumes that you want to build
                                            with largefile support

5) restart the LDM build:

./configure
make
make install
sudo make install_setuids

>If someone can help me with this that would be great.

What department are you doing this for?  We can't tell who you work
with/for given that the email address is yahoo.com.

>Thank you,

No worries.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas