20040804: problem with ldm installation on Linux (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Ying,

>Thanks! It's true. Now I can install and start the ldm.

OK, that is step #1.

>But I can NOT get any data. There is no result returning when I use /notifyme
> -vxl - -f ANY -h localhost

This would tell you if you are receiving data or not.  If you are not,
then the problem is most likely that your LDM machine is not allowed to
request data from the upstream host you are attempting to get data from,
or there are some firewall issues.

>Since I'm using the same pqact.conf, ldmd.conf as we used in our previous
>ldm6, I wonder if anything got changed.

I am unfamiliar with your files.  Here are some new questions:

- what does your 'request' line in ldmd.conf look like
- what is the fully qualified hostname of your LDM machine
- is there forward and reverse name lookup for your LDM machine
- what does your ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log file have to say for the attempts to
  feed from atm.geo.nsf.gov

>I tested:
>~/bin/ldmping -i 0 atm.geo.nsf.gov
>Aug 04 16:44:03      State    Elapsed Port   Remote_Host           rpc_stat
>Aug 04 16:44:13  ADDRESSED  10.003846    0   atm.geo.nsf.gov  RPC: Timed out

I just checked the log files on atm.geo.nsf.gov and see denials for
data requests to machines in the gmu.edu subdomain.  Are you currently
trying to feed from NSF?