20040615: Quick update on weather3.admin.niu.edu... (cont.)

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

re: possible bad RAM, etc.

>Guess what. One of the clips on one of the memory banks was open, and my
>techie guru says it may not have been touching properly. I sent a note out
>to ldm-users about it.

I saw your note.

>He pushed it in (or made sure it was in), and then
>clipped it on tight. Think that would cause it?

Yes, absolutely.

>He says yes.

I agree.

So, I would go for broke by:

- stop the LDM
- delete the existing queue
- make a 1 GB queue
- start the LDM

Your earlier notes seemed to indicate that things would fail quickly
unless your queue was less than a certain size.  Making a queue that
is significantly larger than that minimun size should force the issue
quickly.

>From address@hidden  Tue Jun 15 14:31:11 2004

Tom,

re: recommendation to go to a large queue to force the sigbus error

>Welllll, I went to my standard 400 MB. :-) I forgot to mention I did that
>in my post to ldm-users.

re: your earlier notes suggested an LDM queue size dependency on crashes

E-mail: address@hidden                                               ***