20040601: LDM crashes when feeding from f5.aos.wisc.edu

Gilbert,

>Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:39:23 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040601: LDM crashes when feeding from f5.aos.wisc.edu

> kAhhh. I typed "kill -1" instead of "kill -l". On my screen, they are both
> the same. Stoopid ssh! OK, here ya go...
>
>  kill -l
>  1) SIGHUP       2) SIGINT       3) SIGQUIT      4) SIGILL
>  5) SIGTRAP      6) SIGABRT      7) SIGBUS       8) SIGFPE

SIGBUS means that an attempt was made to access an undefined portion of
a memory object.  This is Not Good.

You indicated that the failure to receive products from SSEC was
repeatable.  Can you help me diagnose the problem by building and
installing a version of the LDM that has support for debugging, and then
using it to receive products from SSEC with the corefile size limit set
to unlimited?

If not, then would you please send me the particulars of the system in
question so that we can attempt to duplicate the failure here.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson