20040519: LDM problem: Denying connection from localhost.loca l domain

Rodney,

>Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 09:09:53 -0700
>From: "Jacques, Rodney" <address@hidden>
>To: "'Steve Emmerson'" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20040518: LDM problem: Denying connection from localhost.loca l
>domain

> Good Morning. Has summer arrived at UCAR?

Predicted high in the mid 80-s.  Chance of isolated thunderstorms.  Yup.

> Here is the output from the ldmconfigoutput command.

> hostname:      galileo.wrh.noaa.gov
> os:
> release:
> ldmhome:       /usr/local/ldm
> bin path:      /usr/local/ldm/bin
> conf file:     /usr/local/ldm/etc/ldmd.conf
> log file:      /usr/local/ldm/logs/ldmd.log
> data path:     /usr/local/ldm/data
> product queue: /usr/local/ldm/data/ldm.pq
> queue size:    400000000 bytes
> PID file:      /usr/local/ldm/ldmd.pid
> LDMHOSTNAME:   galileo.wrh.noaa.gov
> PATH: ...

The LDM on granite.npmoc-sd.navy.mil thinks it's running on
galileo.wrh.noaa.gov.  This is bad.

The following lines in your ldmadmin script:

    $hostname = "galileo.wrh.noaa.gov";

    #
    # The operating system environment:
    #chop($os = `uname -s`);
    #chop($release = `uname -r`);

should be changed to

    $hostname = "granite.npmoc-sd.navy.mil";

    #
    # The operating system environment:
    chop($os = `uname -s`);
    chop($release = `uname -r`);

Do that and then restart the LDM.

Apparently, you got your LDM setup from the NWS Western Region
Headquarters (wrh).  It would be better if you installed the LDM
yourself from scratch.  Also, you're using version 6.0.10 instead of
6.0.14 -- another reason to update.

If you can get me a logon to Granite, I can upgrade your LDM in about 5
minutes (minus some things that you would have to do as root).

Regards,
Steve Emmerson