20040401: one of the Suominet systems LDM's not using 388

Teresa,

The ~ldm/bin/rpc.ldmd program must be installed setuid root
in order to connect to port 388. Verify that the rpc.ldmd
on the machine in question is owned by root and had mode 4755, ie:
> ls -l rpc.ldmd
-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     ustaff     350484 Jul 23  2003 rpc.ldmd

If not, then as the administration user, do:
chown root rpc.ldmd
and
chmod 4755 rpc.ldmd

Steve Chiswell