20040311: RPC prog not registered HPUX 10.2

Greg,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "Greg Machala" <address@hidden>
> Subject: RPC prog not registered HPUX 10.2

> I can't get ldm to register with rpc on HPUX 10.2.  I edited the
> /etc/rpc and /etc/services
> files and rebooted and when I type ldmadmin start it tries to run
> rpc.ldmd and I can see it
> with ps -ef command.  But it never registers.

By "never registers" do you mean that the output from the command
"rpcinfo" doesn't contain the string "ldm"?

> Any other /etc files that need editing to get it to register?

Those should be the only files.

Is the program "rpc.ldmd" owned by root?

What version of the LDM are you running?

Do you have a portmapper daemon running?  The name of the daemon can be
"portmapper", "bind", or "rpcbind".

Regards,
Steve Emmerson