20040203: detecting proper incorporation of gdbm library

Neil,

>Date: 03 Feb 2004 13:33:56 -0600
>From: "Neil R. Smith" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040203: detecting proper incorporation of gdbm library

> Thanks Steve. Attached is the make.log file. I see that pqact is
> linked with reference to the correct libgdbm.a, but I didn't see
> anything like that connected with pqsurf.

I agree.  According to your "make.log" file, your pqact(1) utility was
linked by the command

    c89 -o pqact -O action.o filel.o palt.o pbuf.o pqact.o ../libldm.a -lm
-L/unidata/ldm/weather.bsd/lib -lgdbm

whereas your pqsurf(1) utility was linked by the command

    c89 -o pqsurf -O dtime.o pqsurf.o surf_split.o tokens.o wmo_header.o xbuf.o
../libldm.a -lm

I suggest that you modify the file "pqsurf/Makefile" so that the
rule for linking the pqsurf(1) utility contains the arguments
"-L/unidata/ldm/weather.bsd/lib -lgdbm".

I'll modify the build procedure here so that this won't happen in the
next release.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson