20031201: LDM connection problems (cont.)

>From: "Charles Mcgill" <address@hidden>

Charles,

re: meaning of "must be something else"

>I just meant that everything seems to check out as it should be, at
>least those files you wanted me to check.  So, it must be something
>else.  The logging is going to ldmd.log as it should be.

We still have not seen output from your ldmd.log file during connection
attempts from Mark's machine.  To get to the bottom of what is going
on, it is best if we can see simultaneous log file output from your and
Mark's machines during connection attempts.  If there is no log file
output on your side, it means that something on your side is setup to
not allow connections from Mark's machine (and/or machines outside of
your domain).  This is typically the result of a firewall setup.

The quickest way to come to a resolution of the problem before us is to
give us (UPC) logins to both your and Mark's machines.  I did have
access to Mark's machine for a short while, but that is now gone.

Tom