Re: 20031125: ldm/craft data latencies at NWS Central Region HQ

Karen,

>Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:20:48 -0600
>From: "Karen Cooper" <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20031125: ldm/craft data latencies at NWS Central Region HQ

> After our earlier phone call, I made the same changes on a couple of the
> other machines and the latencies on them are also way down.

Excellent!

> I've talked with Carl Sinclair at OU and we are going to make the
> changes on all boxes we have control of, and also notify the other CRAFT
> LDM sysadmins of the changes to make so that we can get the latencies
> down for all of the radars.

Again, excellent!

> I think we didn't use this before because we had problems getting the
> pqing_bdds to work from within the ldmd.conf.  I can't remember exactly
> what the problems were, but it may have simply been impatience on our
> part.  I notice it often takes 20 seconds or more for the pqing_bdds
> process to start from within the ldmd.conf as an "exec" command.

Interesting.  I'll remember that.

> Thank you VERY much for your assistance in solving this problem.  I'm
> not sure we would have ever found this on our own, and I hope it will
> make all of our LDM feeds for the CRAFT data much more efficient and
> bring all of the latencies down.

You're most welcome.  It's in our own enlightened self-interest to help
you use our software so that geophysical research and education can
flourish.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson
LDM Developer