20031013: data stops ingesting from SDI

David,

>Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:46:06 -0500
>From: David Larson <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20031013: data stops ingesting from SDI

> I was thinking that I'd remove the voodoo *and* enable TCP KEEPALIVE.

The KEEPALIVE option won't let you know that something's wrong until two
hours too late -- assuming your system supports the KEEPALIVE option.

I'm not here to tell you what to do, but -- if you're going to do that
much work -- fixing your "cat" utility would seem to be a better use
of resources.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson