20031006: LDM on HP-UX 10.20

Mark,

>Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 08:07:27 -0500
>From: "Mark Ziemer" <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: 20031006 LDM

> Steve,
>
> Per your email and phone message.
>
> ls1   ==>     HP running ldm 5.2.2 with HPUX 10.20

I'm on it.

I need yacc(1) and lex(1) utilities of standard UNIX in order to build
the LDM package and I don't see any on the HP-UX system.  Can you
install them?  The GNU bison(1) and flex(1) utilities would also work.

> Because of limited space I have a link in for
> the data dir.  This is also where I have moved
> the code for 6.0.14.  If you wish to delete the
> 6.0.14 dir and create your own via download so you have
> a know start point go ahead.  I am not sure what
> I have changed if anything.

> alaska        ==>     PC running ldm 6.0.14 with REDHAT 8.0

> For this week I will be in the office from 0600 to 1400 CDT.
>
> If you should have any questions, just let me know.
>
> Question, can one use the IP address within the .conf files
> instead of the fully qualified names for 5.2.2 and 6.0.x?

You can use IP addresses instead of fully-qualified hostnames.  That
solution is more sensitive to changes in the environment, however.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson