Re: documentation, and ingest script

Hi Youngsun,

I'm glad to be of help.  I'm also glad the "Incomplete, volatile, unvetted,
experimental" is helpful!  I wanted to point out one thing in particular - see
the link called "The LDM Logfile ldmd.log".  This will help you to understand
the log messages,
which is essential in diagnosing problems.  By the way, did you figure out why
your ldm died?  It shouldn't do that and under normal conditions that doesn't
happen.

The order in which files are transferred depends on how you've configured your
LDMs.  Each REQUEST line in your downstream ldmd.conf file will create a
connection to your upstream host.  Thus, if you request everything using one
REQUEST line, everything
will be serialized and small products will have to wait for large products.  If
you split that into two REQUEST lines with one requesting large products and
one requesting small products, then there will be two connections and, except
for what happens at
the TCP/IP layer (which is beyond the control of the LDM), the large products
and the small products will be serialized independent of each other.

By the way, regarding your decoder problem, as a kludge you could write a
script that reads a product on stdin, writes it to a file, then invokes your
decoder.  Although if you're going to do that you might almost as well have
modified the decoder itself
and save the inefficiency of writing the file.  But, I just want to give you an
idea of how you could use a script to sequence events upon receipt of a
product.  Just food for thought...  (have you heard that figure of speech
before?)

Anne

> Youngsun Jung wrote:
>
> You are very nice^^*.
> Thank you so much for your generosity.
> I visited that "Incomplete, volatile, unvetted, experimental" Site Manager's
> Guide web site
> and I found that site is very useful to me.
> So you don't need to mail hard copy of old Site Manager's Guide.
> I don't want to bother too much.
> Thank you for your offer, anyway.^^
>
> One more question..
> I am not quite well remember if I read somewhere that LDM can transfer
> several files at the same time.
> I think that is basic feature in file tranfer, so small file doesn't need to
> wait till big file has been completed.
> Do I remember right?
>
> You will know if I made some pregress.^^*
> Have a nice day.
>
> Youngsun

                                  Boulder, CO  80307