20030919: making a new product queue (cont.)

>From: Ben Cotton <address@hidden>

Ben,

>We're running 14...

Great!

>I guess I have rtsats commented out of my ldmd.conf...

The real time stats really help us keep an eye on the IDD and adjust
things where needed.

>was trying for a 4GB queue, which is what we've been running on our
>machine for years...

On FreeBSD?  This is possible on Solaris systems if one builds the
LDM with large file support.  A queue just under 4 GB is possible under
Linux (using an appropriate build).  I don't believe that it has ever
been possible to build a 4 GB queue under FreeBSD since mmap can not
work on a file larger than 2 GB.

>but I'll try shrinking it and see if that makes the difference.

I would recommend a 2 GB queue if you are looking for a large one.

Tom