20030905: Cyclone again....

>From: Michael Keables <address@hidden>

Hi, Mike.

>Having problems with cyclone again (no data processed since 8/6)...I've
>stopped and restarted the ldm, looked for disk full problems (/var
>shows 100% usage cleared out some old logs in /var/oldlogs but there
>are a couple of large system files in oldlogs that I can't get rid of.)
>Not sure if this is even the problem.
>
>Would you take a look at cyclone and see if you can find out what the
>problem is?

I jumped on as soon as I saw your email, and found that the LDM queue
had gotten corrupted somehow:

% less logs/ldmd.log
Sep 04 22:30:48 cyclone.natnet.du.edu striker[24917]: assertion "(q == TQ_NIL)
|| (TQ_HEAD < q && q < tq->nalloc + TQ_OVERHEAD_ELEMS)" fai
led: file "pq.c", line 737

The only solution for a situation like this is to delete and remake the
queue followed by a new start:

ldmadmin delqueue
ldmadmin mkqueue
ldmadmin clean
ldmadmin start

Immediately after doing the above, the LDM started getting data, and
it is being decoded by the ldm0mcidas and McIDAS-XCD decoders.

The question is how your queue gets corrupted!?

>Thanks, Tom.

No worries.  Talk to you later...

Tom