20030814: LDM-6.0.14, ldm-mcidas v2003 upgrades on rossby

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Hi Mike,

I have been making the rounds of folks running LDM-6 versions that were
not "the latest and greatest".  I took the liberty of doing all but the
last step in upgrading rossby to LDM-6.0.14. I can't finish the job
without 'root' access.  So, if you could do the following, I would
really appreciate it:

<as 'root'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.0.14/src
/usr/ccs/bin/make install_setuids

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
ldmadmin stop
rm runtime
ln -s ldm-6.0.14 runtime
ldmadmin start

While you are at it, you may want to clean out old LDM installations:

<still as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
rm -rf ldm-5.1.2
rm -rf ldm-5.2.binary
rm -rf ldm-6.0.2

Thanks in advance for the help!

The other thing I did relating to the LDM was to make a small modification
to your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf request line for FNEXRAD data:

changed:

request FNEXRAD "^rad/NEXRCOMP/1km/..._........_....*" thelma.ucar.edu

to:

request FNEXRAD "^rad/NEXRCOMP/1km"     thelma.ucar.edu

and add a little documentation to all of the requests.

The reason for changing the FNEXRAD request is everything after the 1km
is not needed plus the trailing '.*' actually makes the upstream LDM
(thelma) work harder than it needs to.

While at it, I upgraded your ldm-mcidas decoders to the latest
distribution, v2003.

>From address@hidden Fri Aug 15 13:39:22 2003

Tom,

re: finishing the LDM-6.0.14 upgrade

>OK, done.

re: tidied up pqact.conf entry for FNEXRAD and installed ldm-mcidas v2003

>OK, fantastic! Thanks for the improvements and upgrades.

cheers,
-Mike

Mike Voss
Department of Meteorology