20030808: Winging it with syscheck on FreeBSD

Chuck,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "Dr. Charles Graves" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Winging it with syscheck on FreeBSD

> We have now migrated most of our LDM ingesting to a FreeBSD box.
> I have noticed that syscheck with ldm-6.0.14  (as well as ldm-6.0.13) does
> not find the FreeBSD operating system and responds with:
>
>  Unknown Operating System - winging it
>
> It appears that syscheck does not recognize FreeBSD...I added the following
> code and it appears to work fine:
>

> elsif ($os eq "FreeBSD") {
>     if (!$interface) {
>         $interface = "ti0";
>     }
>
>     $vmstat_cmd = "vmstat";
>     $netstat_cmd = "netstat -i -I $interface";
>     $iostat_cmd = "/usr/sbin/iostat";
>     $uptime_cmd = "uptime";
> }

Thanks for this feedback!

We no longer use syscheck(1), so adapting it to FreeBSD fell through the
cracks.

I added your code to the syscheck(1) utility.  It should be in the next
release.

Just FYI, you shouldn't have to specify an absolute pathname for the
iostat(1) utility because directory "/usr/sbin" is set in the PATH
environment variable near the beginning of the script.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson
LDM Developer