20030610: LDM UMKC

Sanket,

>Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:35:33 -0500
>From: "Pai, Sanket Vasant (UMKC-Student)" <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20030610: LDM UMKC

> Hey Steve,
> Thanks for the help.
> By the way, what was wrong in my installation of ldm 6.0.12?

I didn't look at your 6.0.12 installation since I was trying to install
the latest LDM.  For all I know, its OK.

There were a few general things that needed fixing, however.  They
were:

    1.  The PATH environment variable needed correcting.

    2.  There was no "runtime" symbolic link in the top-level, LDM
        directory.

    3.  There was no "logs" symbolic link in the top-level, LDM
        directory.

    4.  The "local0" entry in the file "/etc/syslog.conf" needed a tab
        separator in order to work correctly.

    5.  The script "bin/ldmadmin" had to be edited to have its "hostname"
        variable set correctly.

> Thanks
> Sanket

Regards,