20030515: LDM-6.0.11 won't run under RedHat 8.0 Linux (cont.)

>From: "Mike Dross" <address@hidden>

Hi Mike,

re: return value of 'hostname'

>That did the trick. There was a conflict between what was in the /etc/hosts
>file and what was in the /etc/sysconfig/network file. Data is flowing fine.

Excellent!

>I don't know if this will be a common problem for others, but maybe
>something you could add to your trouble shooting page.

I think that you ran into this because it is a new machine (?).  We do
not think that this is a common problem since your's was the first
inquiry like this that we have seen.

>This didn't seem to be an issue in earlier versions of the LDM.

As far as I know, the code that does the connection to see if another
LDM is already running after doing a gethostname has not changed since
LDM-5.  I think that you were just unlucky in having a conflict in
/etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/hosts.

>Thanks so much,

No worries.

Tom