20030513: LDM-6.0.10 use and real time statistics reporting (cont.)

>From: Tim Alberta <address@hidden>

Hi Tim,

re: What kind of system were you trying to run it on?

>Solaris 5.7, but I should point out, I'm sure it's something we did
>wrong (which is why I didn't e-mail support right away).  I'm rebuilding
>it now - if it fails again, I'll let you know, and you can tell me what
>I'm doing wrong.

OK.

>BTW, our AWIPS system uses HPUX 10.2, should I stay with ldm 5.x on that
>one? Not much data is involved...

That one is not feeding from an IDD node that is external to COMET, correct?
If it is not, then upgrading it to LDM-6 is not as important for two
reasons:

- the data transfer is short haul, so there is little liklihood of
  there being delivery problems

- the real time statistics that could be reported by it are not
  directly related to the IDD, so their inclusion in the picture
  we are trying to paint are not crutial.  This is not to say
  that they are unimportant, mind you; the presumption is that
  any latency that would be seen on that machine would be that
  seen from the node participating directly in the IDD, and that
  is the information we are trying to capture.

Tom