20030513: LDM problem connecting to upstream hosts at UQAM (cont.)

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi Christian,

The traceroute information you provided from UQAM to atm.geo.nsf.gov
looks significantly better than that for your current upstream
hosts.  Give this, I setup atm to allow you to request all feeds except
NLDN and WSI (these feeds must be point to point due to licensing
issues).  You can, therefore, modify your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file's
request lines to point at atm.geo.nsf.gov as a PRIMARY feed.

I must add that the current bad traceroute's you are seeing seems to be
indicative of a much larger problem.  As I recall, you have your
ldmd.conf file request lines setup to request the same data from
multiple sites (something like 4 sites).  Given that none of the sites
you have requested data from are able to provide it to you reliably, I
would have to assume that the basic problem is a network one from your
site to sites in the US.  Perhaps you could contact someone in your
networking group to investigate this?  Alternatively, do you see
the problem differently than me?

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas