20030423: remote LDM 6 installation and tuneup by the UPC

Paul,

(Interesting phone system you have :-)

>Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:32:12 -0400
>From: Paul Ruscher <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: remote LDM 6 installation and tuneup by the UPC

> Thanks for the tip - it and something else was sufficient for me to
> restart the LDM successfully.  It is now running.
>
> You may use both the ldm and root level accounts on my machine, and
> please do feel free to do your magic as time permits, and thanks again!
>
> I've been able to ssh into it directly, it does not appear to be behind
> our "firewall" [huey.met] - the machine is reggie.met.fsu.edu which I
> would like upgraded to LDM 6, and I'll call with password information.
> Thanks, Steve!

Got it.

Because Reggie is an internal LDM host, I'm not going to set it up to
send statistics to our statistics server (rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu).
When Pluto is upgraded, it should send statistics and you'll be able to
use them to inspect your LDM system.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson