20030422: Wxbox upgrade of LDM to 6.0.10 ?

>From: rockwooa <address@hidden>

Hi Tony,

>Since you did the LDM upgrade on Wxbox in March, can you tell me if the
>upgrade to 6.0.1 applies to me ?  I'm pretty sure I'm reporting real-time
>stats.

Yes, we want to get all sites running LDMs older than 6.0.10 to upgrade
as soon as possible.  The reason is there was a problem in the same
code used by rtstats and ldmsend that was fixed in 6.0.10.  Sites
running older versions will start to show errors when trying to send
stats if/when we upgrade our rtstats machine, rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu,
to 6.x; it is currently running 5.2.2.  Since we want our rtstats
machine to be able to run a current release of the LDM (since it is so
much more efficient than LDM-5), we need to get all sites running
"older" LDM-6 code to upgrade.

I apologize for the hassle, but the bug that was found was subtle.
Again, I am willing to do the upgrade for you as long as you are
willing to give me 'ldm' and 'root' access to wxbox.

Tom