[ldmMcidas #BVI-188440]: ldm-mcidas binaries for Solaris x86

Hi Robert,

re:
> Thanks.  BTW, I know Solaris x86 isn't popular amongst the community,
> but does your statement mean the binary will be there?

Yes.  I plan on building a binary release for both x86 9 (5.9) and
10.

> Thanks for the build info.  Actually I was trying to reduce the number
> of "must build from source" stuff here so that the other two met guys
> (Hobbie and Glenn Rosenberger are both retired) can deal with this stuff
> more easily in case I fall in a crevasse or something.

I understand completely.  You know, however, that binaries are a moving
target especially in the Linux world.  Binaries I built on FC4 systems
do not work (due to a missing shared library) on FC6 systems.  Because
of this I will likely be forced to build static binaries.  Even then
there is a chance that they will not work as well as ones built on
the target system.

> Thanks,

No worries.  Have a nice Sunday!

Ticket ID: BVI-188440