20040713: question about radar data downloading - another question

>From: address@hidden

Ying,

>Thank you so much! I got the radar data after changing the request from
>UNIDATA to ANY in ldmd.conf

You don't want to do that unless you want to get _all_ of the data
that your upstream feed site has.  If you are just interested in the
NEXRAD Level III floaters and composites you should request just it:

request FNEXRAD ".*" upstream_feed_host

>Now I wonder if the data on our site (GMU) can be delivered to any other site
>outside GMU. We have:
>AVHRR (NOAA 15/17)
>FY-1C/1D
>0.25 degree 3 hourly rainfall data in near-real time
>
>Most of them are satellite data.  Can you help to find some possible
>downstream sites?

I am sure that there would be sites interested in getting feeds of
this data.  I am also sure that sites would love to get remote, on-demand
access to the data.  Can we open a discussion on whether or not it
would be possible to serve these data through remote servers like
OPeNDAP and ADDE?

>Thanks a lot,

Thank you!