20030530: ldm-mcidas decoding of Unidata-Wisconsin images on Tru64 at USU (cont.)

>From: "Dan A. Dansereau" <address@hidden>

Hi Dan,

> Hi - sorry to bother you, as I know you are very busy -

It has been crazy here this week.  I'm sorry that I havn't had
time to figure out what is going wrong with the image compositing
on climatemine.

>I need to get the tru64/mcidas/ldm up, or get rid of the system
>and replace it with another box ( the best supported/least headaches
>... you know what I mean! ) so people in higher places will get
>off of my case.

In my last email I asked about what other than image compositing was
wrong (see below).  If there are more things wrong, then knowing
the full scope of the problems will help me figure out what is
amiss on climatemine.  If the compositing failures (blank images)
is the only thing that is bad, then it is probably that one of
the routines used in the compositing has some sort of a bug that
is being triggered on Tru64.

>Anyway, enough feeling sorry for myself - what is
>it/your status? any luck?

My status is I will be tied up until about 1 pm today.  At that time
I will dive into the compositing issue on Tru64 _if that is the
only problem_.

>When can I dive in and really mess things up??

If the only problem is the compositing, then I don't think that
anything you will do (outside of repeated reboots of the machine)
will intefere with my investigations.

Again, can you give me a list of all of the things that are wrong
so that I can better investigate problems?  Thanks.

Tom