20030520: request to upgrade to latest Unidata LDM release, 6.0.11 (cont.)

>From: "Robert J. Ballentine" <address@hidden>

Hi Bob,

>   I think I would like to take you up on your offer to install
>LDM-6 on our server met-62.oswego.edu.

OK.

>This is a Dell Pentium 4
>with 384 MBytes of memory.  We are currently running LDM-5.2
>on this system, but we do not have it set up to decode satellite
>area files. Is it possible to include the area decode as part of
>the LDM-6 installation?

OK, but if don't have decoding entries in your pqact.conf file, I
will not know the data hierarchy in which to decode the images.

>We are running Red Hat 7.3 on met-62. It
>has f77, gcc and perl in /usr/bin.

f77?  Is this a link to g77?

>   When you have a chance, please let me know what information
>(e.g., root password, ldm password) that you need to perform the
>installation.

In order to fully install the LDM, I will logins as 'ldm' and 'root'
(unless you have sudo and 'ldm' has sudo privilege).  I will need
'ldm' login for the ldm-mcidas image decoder, and I will need to know
where you want the images decoded.

>   Thanks very much for your offer.

No worries.  I'm glad to help.

Tom