20000911: Removal of delta-encoded images from UW data stream

>From: address@hidden (Chris Hennon)

Chris,

>I have the decoder installed and working for all of the CIMSS sounding
>imagery

Great!

>- but I'm a bit confused on the pqact.conf entry for regular
>Unidata/Wisconsin GOES imagery.  Could you clarify?

The entry of the regular images are virtually identical to those for
the CIMSS images.  The _big_ difference in the image header between the
CIMSS images and the regular ones is the time indicator.  For the CIMSS
images it is 'Q0'; for the regular images it is 'Q1'.

Can you give me a specific example of what is holding up your conversion
to use of the Q1 images?  Since you were already using the delta-encoded
images, it would probably be best if you sent me your pqact.conf entry
for LWTOA3 decoding.  We can take this as an example of what you want
to do and modify it for use with pnga2area.

>Thanks.
>Chris

>| Chris Hennon        Ohio State University   |
>| Tropical Meteorology      address@hidden   |
>| Dept of Geography   Office: 1155 Derby Hall  |
>| 1036 Derby Hall     Phone : (614) 292-2704   |
>| Columbus, OH 43210  Fax   : (614) 292-6213   |

Tom Yoksas