19990820: pqact.conf entry for mcidas area files

>From: Chris Hennon <address@hidden>

Chris-

>I'm looking for an example pqact.conf entry for ingesting mcidas satellite
>area files.  I have the gempak "nsat_links" script set up as a cron job to
>convert to GARP filename conventions.  Thanks!

You will need the LDM-McIDAS decoder lwtoa3 to decode the images
in the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream.  You can obtain a binary version
at:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/mcidas/mcidd/ldm-mcidas.html

In the configuration instructions there is an explanation of the
pqact.conf entry.  You will need to have a copy of ROUTE.SYS (included
in the tar file) in the directory where you store the data if you
want to have more than 4 images of each type save.  ROUTE.SYS will
ensure that you save 10 of each type.

Don