19990719: starting the LDM (cont.)

>From: Anthony James Wimmers <address@hidden>

Tony,

>I tried each of these options, and now I notice that everything but the AREA
>files is updating. (The AREA files haven't changed since the reboot on July
>14.)
>
>Any ideas?

Sounds like a file has been lost/corrupt: ROUTE.SYS, SYSKEY.TAB?

Did you check to make sure that:

o your LDM is still requesting the MCIDAS feed from your upstream feeder
o you are receiving the MCIDAS products if requested
o there are errors in ~ldma/logs/ldmad.log

I tried to logon to windfall to look around but it appears that the ldma
and mcidas logins have been changed.

By the way, mail to Jennie is bouncing:

address@hidden (Jennie L. Moody)
    (expanded from: include)

address@hidden (Jennie L. Moody)... Deferred: Connection refuse
d by aerial.evsc.virginia.edu.
Message could not be delivered for 5 days
Message will be deleted from queue

Can you get someone to look into this?  Thanks.

Tom
Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program <
(303)497-8644                                                  P.O. Box 3000 <
address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307 <
Unidata WWW Service                        http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/      <